"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Wait For You by J. Lynn

   Recently I lost my kindle so I've been reading a lot of physical books. Then by some great miracle my mom found my kindle hiding out and now I've been reading on it non stop. I'm a fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series so when I found out - years ago - that she was doing New Adult under the name J. Lynn I couldn't wait to check out her writing. It has been many moons since I made this purchase but for some reason I haven't read it. It has just stayed on my kindle waiting for the perfect time and the time is now. Or well...like 2 weeks ago.
   Throughout Wait For You we follow Avery who has a troubled past...as most characters from New Adult books have. Recently she's moved miles and miles away from her family and the town that haunts her. On theher way to her first class of her freshmen year in college she runs into Cam who is awesome. He's cocky but it's endearing. He's beautiful but approachable. He's perfect and she's attracted.
   Not only do the two have class together they also live down the hall from each other in their apartment building which creates some lovely situations. The two quickly become best friends and every day - sometimes multiple times - Cam asks Avery to go out with him, but each time she says no. Obviously eventually she says yes, otherwise I'd hate this book. The date turns into dates and friendship turns into something more. However Avery still isn't being honest with Cam about her past and ends up causing some serious problems between the two of them.
   I loved Cam, I think he's hilarious and charming and honestly one of my favorites. Avery was likeable as well but there were many moments she frustrated me. Now I have no idea what it's like to go through the things she has so I don't know how I'd react with someone either, but she pushed Cam away so much and then was miserable. It bothered me because I hate when people do that. If you love someone and want to be with them then do what you can to tell them. I was interested enough in the book to keep going because I wanted to see what was going to happen. I know there are more in the series that follow other characters we met but I'm not in any hurry to pick them up. I don't want to say Wait For You was a let down because I did enjoy it but it wasn't everything I'd hoped. HOWEVER I did laugh a lot while reading this and as I said Cam is totally swoon worthy.
   So for that I'm going to give it 3.5/5 donuts!

                                   


Buy Wait For You Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

Kobo
BAM

I'm a Book Depository Affiliate so if you'd like to buy a book with FREE SHIPPING click HERE

Listen to my playlist for Wait For You on Spotify HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment