"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Monday, January 29, 2018

Escape by Jay Crownover

   It's been 5 years since I first proclaimed my love for the fabulous Jay Crownover and I'm very happy to say that the love has only grown. By now you all know how much I adore the Marked Men series and I have to say the Getaway series is just as good!
   Last year I was sent Retreat for review and I LOVED it. If you'd like to check out the review click HERE When I saw that Escape was up I jumped on it. FYI I have not read the second one. I apparently was living under a rock last year and not paying attention to the fact that Shelter was released. I do plan on reading it but because I was sent Escape for review I had to have it up by a certain time. Anyway enough of that boring stuff, on with the review!
   Through out Escape we follow Lane - one of the Warner brothers who are the lead men in the other two books - and Brynn. If you haven't read the first book let me give you a little back story. Lane and Brynn were best friends growing up and he took on the role of her protector because her home life was terrible. When Brynn got older and was beat up by another one of her mothers drunken boyfriends - this one even trying to sell her into human trafficking - Lane proposed to her to get her out of her mothers house. After telling him no because she didn't feel like he was asking for the reason she wanted him to his father proposed to marry her in name only because he was ill and could bring her into his family. She said yes and from that day forward there was tension between Lane and her. Okay now flash forward years and years and Brynn is being proposed to by another man that she isn't in love with and Lane takes off. After a few days she goes after him and asks him to come home to which he agrees.
   Now what's great about this is through out the story we get to watch them finally do something about their feelings for one another and we also get to see characters we fell in love with in the start of this series. But what I love is that Jay also includes this thriller aspect to it which she did in the first book and from the sounds of it the second as well. So not only are you getting this love story but you're also getting to experience this thrilling ride. It's awesome.
   Lane is by far one of my favorite men that Jay Crownover has ever written. He's the kind of guy that I would love forever and ever. Brynn is also one of the best girls she's ever written because she's sweet but she's also a bad ass - as are a lot of her characters.
   I also loved the guest appearance of a character from the Marked Men series but I'm not telling you who it is. Just know that when I read it I got very very excited.

I'm giving Escape 5/5 donuts!
                                       

Buy Escape Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo


I'm a Book Depository Affiliate so if you'd like to buy this book or any other with FREE SHIPPING and also put a little jing a ling in my pocket then click HERE

Listen to my playlist for Escape on Spotify by clicking HERE

Join Jay's fan group on Facebook "Crownovers Crowd" by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment