"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: November 14, 2017

Top Ten Books I Want My Child (Or Future Children) To Read:

10. Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants by Anne Brashares
I'm not sure this is a series my son would enjoy of course but I do have a niece on the way so I'll definitely recommend it to her some day.

9. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
Now there are some scenes in the book that I'm not sure I'd want my kid reading but the overall message is so important. I want my son to treat women the right way and if I ever have a daughter I want her to know her worth.

8. Without Merit by Colleen Hoover
As with the last one I said this one has an important message I feel. I want my son to know that things aren't always as they seem, to stick up for himself when he needs to, and to know just how much I love him.

7. Percy Jackson and The Olympians by Rick Riordan
My brother and I read this series together ages ago and it meant the world to me so I'd love for my son to read them too. Maybe when his cousin is older they can read them together like my brother and I did. 

6. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
The Outsiders is literally the only book I had to read in school that I actually enjoyed. There are so many lessons in it and now as an adult I understand why they want you to read it so bad.

5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
"And in that moment I swear we were infinite" is tattooed under my collarbone/shoulder because this book means so much to me. It should be recommended reading in school and I know when my son gets older I'm going to ask him to read it.

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I think everyone should read The Hunger Games so obviously I want my son to.

3. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
I know what you're all thinking, why would you want your son to read Harry Potter when you've never read it. Well the answer is because I wish I had read it when I was younger. I remember everyone loving those darn books and I couldn't relate. They are some of the biggest books of my generation and I'd like him to experience them.

2. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
-I'd like my son to read Twilight because it meant so much to me. I know a lot of people hate on the books - especially dudes - but it was such an important part of my life that I think it would be cool for him to enjoy it also.

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
-This book changed my life and it's no secret how much I love it. I mean I have "Okay" tattooed to my arm so I think that kinda shows you how much it means to me. I would love for my son to read this someday because it's my absolute favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment