"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Reflected In You by Sylvia Day

Last week I told you all my thoughts on Bared To You which is the first book in the Crossfire series. Now when I began this series I thought it was only three books. Saturday I was with my son and we decided to go into the bookstore - well I decided, he was just happy because there were toys. While in there I saw that there are in fact 5 books in total. 5. Not 3. This made me a very happy reader because I am currently finishing up book 3. I thought I was going to have to wait years to see if she'd write another book and hot damn she'd written two. It was a beautiful moment. :P
Alright so lets get into the review. If you haven't read the first book then stop reading!!
I mean it.
Stop.
I'm not playing around.
Totally using my mom voice right now.
Alright, I've given you fair warning.
...
Last chance.
Okay, so in this book we see more of Eva and Gideons relationship.
That's all I'm telling you.
Hehe, not really.
At the end of the first book our couple were having some issues in the jealousy department and in the "Gideon won't tell any secrets to save his life" department.
In this installment there is still jealousy and Gideon still won't fill us in on many secrets.
I have to say though, these two sizzle off the page. Seriously guys, Sylvia Day knows how to write some steamy love.
I liked that we got to look deeper into the pasts of these characters, I loved Eva's dad and his visit, I loved the tension Brett caused, I still am totally infatuated with Cary. I really really liked it. The ONLY thing that got on my nerves a tid bit was Eva's jealousy. She's like off the charts sometimes. I get it, I get jealous too. And Gideon is a hunky man and she doesn't want to share. But sometimes I think she's a little immature about things and that bothers me. One of my least favorite things in the world is miscommunication and I think that this happens a lot between our couple.
All in all though I liked Reflected In You and I picked the 3rd book up right away...I'm also expecting the 4th book in the mail by tomorrow :)


Buy Reflected In You Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you'd like to put some change in my pocket - going jing a ling a ling - then click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment