"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Selection by Kiera Cass

As I'm sure most of you know this book has been out for quite a while and I've been putting it off because I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it.
Half of the reviews I've watched/read are positive and the other half are negative. I've even watched one BookTuber say that they loved the book and now all of a sudden they don't like it. Since this is one of my favorite BookTubers it left a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't wanted to read it.
The thing is I've had this book on my kindle for a hot minute but as I've said I've been putting it off.
About two weeks ago I was taking a two hour trip and I didn't have anything to do to pass the time so I decided to grab my kindle. As I was scrolling through my many choices I saw The Selection and I thought, "Hmm...maybe it's time I pick this one up." So I did and guys, I loved it!!
I'm sure you know by now what the plot of this book is but just in case you don't then let me tell you. It's been described as a dystopian bachelor. Why? Well because this book is about 35 girls who are selected to compete for the Prince's love. The book is told in America's point of view and throughout we get to follow her on her journey. America, unlike the other girls, doesn't want to be a part of the selection because she thinks it's ridiculous and she's also found love elsewhere. Because of some circumstances however America enters and is later chosen as a contestant.
While she goes to the palace certain she will hate Prince Maxon she actually finds that she likes him and Maxon takes an instant liking to her.
The rest of the book follows their growing affection for one another and we also see some friendships develop which is really cool.
As soon as I finished I bought the first novella and the second book so I obviously recommend this!! :)

Buy The Selection Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

Listen to my playlist for The Selection on Spotify by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment