"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Paper Towns Movie Review


It's no surprise that I'm a TFIOS fan but I'm also a huge fan of Paper Towns. PT is actually the second John Green book I ever read and it cemented my love for him.
When I found out that they were making it into a movie and that Nat Wolff who plays Isaac in TFIOS was starring I was all over it!!
So last night I went to see it.
And...
I really liked it.
Now it's been like 4+ years since I've read the book so I don't remember every detail but from what I do remember it stayed pretty true to the book.
This book/movie means so much to me because of the friendships Q has. His friends are simply wonderful and I would love to go on a road trip with all of them.
The funny thing though is that after watching the movie I told my boyfriend that I remember why Paper Towns isn't my absolute favorite - I hate Margot. Like I hate her.
I'm sure many of you out there think she's great and that's wonderful, we all have different opinions, but I can't stand her. I find her very selfish and I think she's a terrible friend.

If you haven't read the book or watched the movie yet then here's the gist. Q and Margot grew up next to each other and were best friends - until they grew up.
Q is a bit more reserved and Margot isn't content with life- she's always running away to find new adventures.
One night though Margot climbs through Q's window and the two of them spend the night seeking revenge on her cheating boyfriend and backstabbing friends. The next morning Margot is missing and then Q starts to notice the clues. Every time she leaves she'd leave clues for her little sister to let her know where she went and now she's left them for Q.
Once he starts finding these clues Q decides he has to find Margot and sets out on this road trip with his friends to achieve his mission.
I would most definitely recommend the book and the movie because they are great. The cast was wonderful in this movie and I love that John Green is always a huge part of his book turned movies.
There's also a guest appearance by one of our beloved characters from TFIOS - I'm not telling you who though. Nope. I'm not.
If you do read the book or check out the movie then please post a comment letting me know what you thought, I'd love to hear your opinions!! :)


Watch the trailer on YouTube by clicking HERE

17 comments:

  1. Hi! I like your review! I do like Margo though, because she has such a unique personality. It is true that she could be a better friend though...

    Here's my review of the book and movie! http://justanotherbookishblog.blogspot.com/2015/07/paper-towns-and-night-on-towns.html

    Oh and I LOVED that guest appearance!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already checked out your review actually and I loved it!!
      I'll give you the fact that she has a unique personality!! :)

      Delete
    2. Rio Olympics 2016 Opening Ceremony Details are Available at Rio Opening Ceremony.

      Delete
  2. I saw a trailer for the movie and Kel thought it looked interesting. We may check it out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Green also has an introductory clip explaining that every member of the cast was really dedicated to the making of the adaptation, which reminded me that he's essentially a celebrity now. He seems the main reason his books are being made into movies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad he's as involved as he is with his movies. I think a lot of authors get excited for the money and not as much to see their characters come to life. Thanks for checking out my review and taking the time to leave a comment!! :)

      Delete
  4. I'd say Paper Towns is effective and a fun movie that mixes teen romance with a road trip that keeps things quirky and clever and cute and so on. It's a warm crowd-pleaser, and the climax is probably the best part of it all, which is great.
    http://freehdmoviestodownload.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you completely. Thank you for the comment!!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete