"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Reason To Breathe by Rebecca Donovan

 You guys know that I like to be honest with you and that's for many reasons. Two biggest reasons being -
1. I don't like liars
2. I love you guys and want you to trust me

So I have to be honest when I saw I did not like this book in the beginning. It took me about 2 weeks - I believe - to finish this book. I don't know if you're the same way but when it takes me longer than a couple days to read a book it usually means I'm not into it.
I was reading this book every night before bed and it'd put me to sleep and during the day I never felt like reading it.

Once I got about 70% in that's when I started to enjoy it a bit more and found myself wanting to read it.

Basically the book is about a girl named Emma. Emma's dad died and her mother is an alcoholic so she lives with her aunt and uncle. Unfortunatly her aunt is a total nut job and beats Emma for no reason sometimes. Emma doesn't want to turn her aunt in because she doesn't want her two small cousins to be without a mother.

Throughout the book we see all the hell Emma's aunt puts her through but we also get to see good things. Emma has a best friend named Sarah who is wonderful and the best friend she could possibly have. She also has Evan whom I love. There is some serious tension between the two and the whole book you're rooting for them to get together.

When I read the synopsis I thought it sounded intriguing and I couldn't wait to start it. My problem was that some parts were hard for me to believe and some was juvenile. Emma is only like 17 so I get that she's not uber mature but she makes a big deal about things like kissing. What I mean is she puts it on the same level as sex and that's a bit of a stretch.

With all of my trash talking aside I will say that it did pick up and then end made me want to read the second book - which I'm currently reading in fact.

If you're in the mood for a darker contemporary then you might like this.

Buy Here:
Amazon
B&N

I'm a Book Depository affiliate soooo if you'd like to buy a book with free shipping and put a little change in my pocket then click HERE

Listen to my playlist on Spotify by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment