"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Reading Problems Tag

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
It depends on my mood silly. :)

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
When I was a lot younger I'd put the book down and then from like 15-23 I would finish it whether I liked it or not. Now it depends. If it's somewhat interesting I'll keep on truckin' but if it royally sucks I'll put it down.

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I'm actually 2 or 3 books behind on my Goodreads challenge which to be honest is really pissing me off. This has not been a good reading year for me. Mostly everything I've read I've loved or really enjoyed, I just haven't been in the mood to read.

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don't.

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I don't really have any friends who like to read so unfortunately I have to piss and moan all by my lonesome.

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I either suck it up or stop reading until I'm alone. Unless of course I'm reading TFIOS, I'm pretty sure everyone would understand if they saw me crying while reading that.

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I usually consider reading the first book again but normally I just read the sequel and hope for the best. Normally I'll start remembering things and if not then I'll Google it or watch review videos of the previous book.

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I either change the subject, tell them how they should buy their own copy because they'll love it that much OR I just say I don't like lending out books because in the past nobody has treated my books good enough.

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I pray that Abbi Glines I releasing a new book, read a contemporary or re-read one of my favorite books.

10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I haven't bought many physical books this year actually. I think I've bought about 5 physical books and maybe 15 kindle books...maybe more in the beginning of the year actually. I've been getting most of my books from the library.

11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It depends on how much I want to read them and how often I hear about them on BookTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment