"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

I'm kicking myself.
Why?
Because I JUST read this book.
I heard about Slammed awhile ago and just now decided to get off my ass and read it.
I'm so mad that I want to go back in time and kick my former self's butt for not reading this when I first freaking heard about it!
I really enjoyed this book guys. Like, really enjoyed it.
I have never read a book about slam poetry before...wait actually to be honest...I'd never even heard of slam poetry before this book.
Colleen Hoover you may have just become one of my favorite authors! Before I tell you guys the gist of the book I just want to say that the writing was spectacular. I've read a lot of books thus far in my life and I'm going to be honest and say that I haven't gotten attached to a lot of the characters. I dislike when I read a book and I'm just eh..okay..with the characters. When I read a book I want to feel like
A) One of the characters is just like me
B) I want to marry one of the characters and have adorable little babies with them
C) I want them to be my best friends
I got so attached to the characters in this book it was ridiculous! Lake was one of the coolest chicks I've ever read and Will...Oh Will. :)
In the beginning of the book we meet Lake who I instantly loved. She's recently lost her father and now her mother is moving herself, Lake and Lake's little brother to Michigan.
While moving into their new home Lake meets Will who happens to be there next door neighbor...and also happens to be totally crush-worthy.
Lake and Will are one of my favorite couples ever. I absolutely love them. So much happens in this book and I don't really want to spoil it for you guys.
The point is you need to read this. Now! I have the links to where you can buy Slammed at the bottom of the page. See I've helped you out. You. Are. Welcome.

 
Slammed Playlist
Pretty Girl From Michigan by The Avett Brothers
Last First Kiss by Ron Pope
Dream by Priscilla Ahn
Little House by Amanda Seyfried
Hazy by Rosi Golan
Skip To The Good Part by He Is We
Flowers In Your Hair by The Lumineers
I Will Wait by Mumford & Sons
Carry You by Dispatch

 
Buy Slammed Here
Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment