"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Jennifer Probst Interview



I am beyond thrilled to have had the chance to interview this lady right
<----
there.
A couple days ago I did a review of The Marriage Bargain and if you've read my post then you know that I am in love with this book.
I'm honored to have had the chance to interview Jennifer and I want to say many many thank yous to her!

Enjoy!!




1. How long have you been writing, and what do you like most about it?

I've been writing since I was twelve years old and it seems the moment I was born I just knew I was meant to be a writer. It was my dream career and my True North. I love every aspect about it - the creativity, and discipline to create stories a reader can enjoy. I always wanted to give someone a few hours of happiness and escape in this world!

2. I am in love with the Marriage Bargain! How did you come up with the concept?

I have always loved the marriage of convenience trope. It's such a fun way to force two different characters together, and I began playing with what could happen if they were actually childhood friends who had grown apart with a history together. I'm also a writer who adores opposite attracts - they are so much fun to read - so this story was brewing in my mind a very long time when I decided to finally tackle it. Simply put, it was a joy to write. This was before contracts and deadlines and marketing. Just me, my characters, and a computer in the purest format imaginable. Sometimes, that's when true magic happens!

3. You're obviously amazing at writing about swoon worth fella's - ahem Nick - which character do you have a crush on?

I am usually in love with whatever new hero I'm working on. I'm monogamous with the man I'm writing haha!!! Right now, I'm head over heels with Wolfe - my new hero from the current book I'm writing, Searching for Beautiful.

4. Which authors inspire you and why?

I have many many authors who have inspired me, but I would say the ones who made me vow to write something wonderful like them would be: Susan Elisabeth Phillips, Sandra Brown, Linda Howard, Iris Johansen, Nora Roberts, Jayne Ann Krentz. The best of the best.

5. I thought Alexa was a seriously cool female character. Out of every book you've read, who is your favorite female character?

Well, again, like my heroes, I usually adore the heroine I'm writing. I just finished my last book. Searching for Perfect, and truly loved my heroine Kennedy. She is so messed up and courageous and spunky - she made me push my limits to write her in a way that would make a reader fall in love with her bravery.

6. Would you rather have The Marriage Bargain be turned into a movie or a television show? And who would you want to star in it?

Oh, God a movie please! With either Chris Pine or Chris Hemsworth as Nick, and maybe Rachel McAdams or Miss Zooey for Alexa!

7. Do you ever base your characters off of people you know, or yourself?

All of my characters are a mixed bag. Some fact, some fiction, because that's what makes a person real. They are never perfect but I believe in the goodness of people, and the power of love to enhance change. I think a writer seeps in qualities of themselves in every project.

8. If the Marriage Bargain had a theme song what would it be?

Hmm, theme song? What a great question - I never thought of this! I think I'd pick All That I Am by Rob Thomas. His work is amazing - and the way Alexa gives all of herself to Nick, and hopes she will be enough for both of them, resonates in the song.

Follow Jennifer Probst Here:
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment