"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt

Let me just say that I for one was super duper excited when I first saw this book.

Going Vintage? That sounds awesome!

Yes it was the cover that first made me squel. But then after reading the synopsis I was even more excited.

After reading the book I can now say that I really enjoyed it. I didn't fall head over heels for it like I thought I would but don't fret I still liked it : )

The book is about Mallory...well...going vintage.

One day Mallory is chilling out at her boyfriends house and happens to look at his FriendSpace page. While there she finds out that he's been talking to this other chick on a game called "Authentic Life" On the game they are married and all this crap.

The really sucky thing is that it's more than just a game. Mallory sees some of the e-mails between the stupid bf and cyber slut. In the e-mails they talk about how much they like each other and blah blah blah.

Sooooo Mallory breaks up with her boyfriend. She then decides she's going to "Go Vintage" by not using cell phones, laptops, internet...basically anything that didn't exist before 1962.

Throughtout the story Mallory kind of finds herself. She figures out that her boyfriend was pretty much a tool the whole time they were dating.

She also falls for his cousin who is super loveable.

I would recommend this book if you're looking for a very light cute read!


Going Vintage Playlist:

I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles
The Twist by Chubby Checker
The Loco-Motion by Little Eva
Wanderer by Dion
Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka
Having a Party by Sam Cooke
Can't Help Falling In Love With You by Elvis


Buy GOING VINTAGE Here:

Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Book Depository
Books-a-Million

No comments:

Post a Comment