"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

BookMovieGuy Interview

Is that Cameron from BookMovieGuy?

Yes. Yes it is.

Cameron was awesome and agreed to do an interview with me and i'm so excited for you guys to read it.

He's super friendly and an awesome booktuber! Enjoy!!!

1. How long have you loved reading?

I have loved reading ever since I was a toddler. My mom would take me to the library every day while we waited for my sisters to finish cheerleading practice. We'd read together for hours, and then even longer at night before my mom put me to bed. She definitely instilled my love of reading on me, and she is the reason why I'm pursuing a writing career.

2. What is the first book that you remember loving?

The first books I fell in love with were all the books from the Goosebumps series. That's what my mom would read to me all the time. I never cared for picture books like Dr. Seuss at that age; all I wanted was Goosebumps!

3. What is your absolute favorite series?

My absolute favorite series is Harry Potter. It will always have a place in my heart.

4. Who are some of your favorite authors?

My favorite authors are R. L. Stine, J. K. Rowling, Edgar Allan Poe, and Suzanne Collins.

5. If you could spend the day with any author and go anywhere with them who would you choose and where would you go?

I would choose R. L. Stine just because his Goosebumps books influenced me so much. I'd probably go to a creepy abandoned building with him and collab on a ghost story or something.

6. What book are you most excited to read this year?

I am so excited to read Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Can't wait!

7. What are some of the best books you've read so far this year?

I am reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth right now and am really enjoying it. So far, that is my favorite book of the year.

8. What made you want to make videos on youtube?

I first came across BookTube videos when I searched "leather bound books" on YouTube. I discovered one booktuber who showed his collection of leather bound books, and then I started seeing many others. It wasn't until after I started making videos to catalogue my own collection that I realized this was an actual community of book-lovers on YouTube. I then started taking video-making a little more seriously, and now I have almost 2,500 subscribers and have been doing it for nearly two years. It's been a great experience!

9. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?

I love To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, and the film adaption from the 1960s is pure brilliance. I can't help but tear up every time I watch it. It's a beautiful film based off a beautiful book. Perfection!

10. If you were in the Hunger Games...would you win?

Hmmm... wow, that's a tough one. Honestly, I'm really not sure. I'd probably just avoid everyone and wait for the tributes to kill each other off until I was left against one. The game-makers probably wouldn't like that plan, but that's what I would try to do. Haha!


Subscribe to Cameron Here:
YouTube
Follow Him on Twitter:
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment